Beyond Marxism and Performance Studies: a closing plenary session convened in honor of ST Collective Member José Esteban Muñoz.
WHEN: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 3:00 – 5:00 pm
WHERE: NYU, 721 Broadway, Room 612
- Anne Boyer (Kansas City Art Institute) – “The Jeune Fille as She Really Is”
- Angela Mitropoulos (University of Sydney) – “Contractual Performance, Labor & the Art of Life”
- Joshua Chambers-Letson (Northwestern Univsersity) – “The Impermanent Encounter: Gnji Monogatari, The Knife, and the One Night Stand”
- Patricia Clough (The Graduate Center, CUNY) – “Working Through the Work of Numbers”
- Barbara Browning (New York University) – “Having One’s Cake and Eating It Too”
- Response: ST Collective Member Ann Pellegrini (New York University)
Other special events for the conference include:
- “Cocktails with Jack,” a screening of rare Jack Smith performance footage as well as a conversation between Smith collaborators Ela Troyano, Uzi Parnes, Agosto Machado, and Kembra Pfahler
- “The spirit is making us meat,” a screening of Melanie Gilligan’s Popular Unrest, followed by a discussion between Gilligan and Alexander Fleming
- ART/WORK, an artist panel featuring Juliana Huxtable, Park McArthur, Alan Ruiz, Hong-Kai Wang & Nova Benway, and Constantina Zavitsanos, moderated by art historian Soyoung Yoon
Visit the conference website for more information.